One of the most interesting findings in all the research done on the link between diet and periodontal disease is that the less refined and less grain-based the diet, and the higher the intake of raw unprocessed vegetables the healthier the patients’ teeth are. Even without regular access to a dentist! (And it is also […]
Having a good memory is key to living a healthy life. Exercising your brain is crucial to keeping it sharp and capable and this can be accomplished a number of ways. This article will show you some information that can help you improve your memory, step by step. Arm yourself with as much knowledge as […]
No one is ever able to stop the aging process. As you grow older, you want to spend your time wisely doing worthwhile activities. The information in the following article will allow you to learn how to properly take care of your body and mind as you grow old. Exercise The amount of exercise you […]
CHEAP over-the-counter painkiller may have astonishing powers to extend life, say researchers. By JO WILLEY Regular doses of ibuprofen could allow people to live up to 12 years longer. In tests, the drug appears to hold back the ageing process as well as helping fight disease. Ibuprofen, which is used every day at home by […]
By GRETCHEN REYNOLDS Active older people resemble much younger people physiologically, according to a new study of the effects of exercise on aging. The findings suggest that many of our expectations about the inevitability of physical decline with advancing years may be incorrect and that how we age is, to a large degree, up to […]
by P. D. Mangan in Rogue Health and Fitness A very neat paper shows that transgenic mice made to overexpress a certain hormone live much longer than wild type mice: The starvation hormone, fibroblast growth factor-21, extends lifespan in mice. First of all, I’ll just emphasize something from the title of the paper, namely that fibroblast growth factor, […]
The key to stay motivated and have a healthy mind/body connection is a daily routine which is very important. To some, the thought of a routine sounds boring and rigid, but in truth, routine creates overall well-being and happiness. Here some tips to keep you motivated: 1. Have choices that can benefit you. always think […]
By Dr. David B. Samadi Published October 29, 2014 FoxNews.com New evidence suggests spending more time in the sun could make things brighter for men with prostate cancer. Researchers have found that vitamin D can help block a protein that causes prostate cancer tumors to grow. According to the American Cancer Society, prostate cancer is the most […]
BY SARAH CORAPI October 7, 2013 Finding the fountain of youth might never happen. But new research shows that slowing down the aging process could be an imminent reality — and one that should be taken seriously. As discussed in a new study in the journal Health Affairs, research is emerging about the aging process […]
by Suzanne Wu in USC News October 7, 2013 On the heels of an announcement from Google that the company’s next startup, Calico, will tackle the science of aging, a new study showed that research to delay aging and the infirmities of old age would have better population health and economic returns than advances in individual fatal diseases […]
Family Christian stores are a chain of retail shops who “love carrying products that help you grow your faith and share it with others.” They sell different items ranging from Christian-faith themed books to family movies to a wide range of Bibles– not just your standard King James Edition. They also offer exclusive content and […]
Vanessa Wasta-Johns Hopkins A bacterium that is naturally toxic to cattle, sheep, and humans can be tweaked to fight difficult-to-treat cancer tumors. The modified version of Clostridium novyi bacterium produced strong and precisely targeted results in cancers in rats, dogs, and now a human subject, scientists report. Read the whole thing.
Katie Couric World 3.0 on Yahoo News It was Sinclair’s research on resveratrol, a molecule found in grapes, that made headlines a decade ago when it showed promising results in keeping overfed mice as healthy as lean mice. Sinclair even chose to test resveratrol on himself, something he has been doing for the past 10 […]
NLM Director’s Comments Transcript Fish Oil Linked to Prostate Cancer Risk: 09/03/2013 Men with comparatively higher levels of fish oil (or omega-3 fatty acids) in their blood have a 44 percent overall higher risk to develop prostate cancer, finds a study recently published in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute. The findings (derived from a […]
If you want to make sure that you will achieve your fitness goals, then it is advisable to hire a personal trainer. You will enjoy many benefits from doing so. Here are some of them. Goal Achievement When you work out alone, it is very easy to fail. When you feel some muscle pain after […]
From Phys.org™ 2003-2013, Science X network A “Trojan horse” treatment for an aggressive form of brain cancer, which involves using tiny nanoparticles of gold to kill tumour cells, has been successfully tested by scientists. The ground-breaking technique could eventually be used to treat glioblastoma multiforme, which is the most common and aggressive brain tumour in adults, […]
Justine Alford in IFLScience The researchers discovered that participants with a moderate vitamin D deficiency had a 53% increased risk of developing any form of dementia, and those with a severe deficiency had a 125% increased risk. Similar results were also found for the risk of developing Alzheimer’s, which is the most common form of […]
In today’s busy world, who has the time to actually do their laundry? Laundry is a time-consuming and often stressful task that no one really enjoys doing, especially when they are already occupied with other an array of other things on their to-do list. Imagine how simple your life would be if you didn’t have […]
The Rejuvenation Biotechnology Conference is the latest SENS Research Foundation Conference and will be held on August 21-23 at the Hyatt Regency in Santa Clara, California. Join the growing rejuvenation biotechnology industry and hear the latest scientific and policy developments from leading experts in research, industry, policy, finance and regulatory fields. Check it out.
By Dr. Mercola The nutritional myth that saturated fat is bad for you continues to fall apart as a steady stream of new books and studies on this topic hit the media. The latest work to challenge the old dogma is a book called The Big Fat Surprise by journalist Nina Teicholz, interviewed above. Her […]
Even with the proliferation of digital cameras and cell phone cameras, for certain special occasions in life when it is time to call in the professional photographers. Whether it is a wedding, or a senior picture, a professional photographer will make sure the moment is captured for prosperity. The reason to turn to a professional […]
There are many health articles that you get to read on magazines, newspapers, on the internet and through many other mediums. Some of them give you some good information, which might help you in some way. Some of them are just random ones, picked up from somewhere. You will also find articles that will tell […]
By Stephen Williams @ MarketWatch It shouldn’t come as a surprise that health care costs are among the leading concerns on people’s minds when nearing retirement. The average couple retiring in 2014 can expect to pay $220,000 to $240,000 in health-care costs during the course of their retirements, according to a new estimate from Fidelity […]
By Elizabeth O’Brien, MarketWatch Active-adult communities, assisted-living facilities, continuing-care retirement communities — that’s just the tip of the jargon iceberg for places people 55 and over might spend their golden years. And since each facility uses different terms and has different pricing structures, comparison-shopping becomes very difficult. Read the whole thing.
A good personal trainer helps you take proper care of your body, and shows you different ways to improve your fitness performance to help you reach your fitness goals effectively. Basically, a job of a personal fitness trainer is to lead, instruct and motivate you in your personal interest to stay fit and healthy. Personal […]
Five Ways to Lower Your Cholesterol Without Prescription Medicines With the explosion of fatty foods over the last twenty to thirty years, it is no surprise that cholesterol levels are higher than they have ever been in certain demographics. In a world of feed me now fast foods, it doesn’t take long to find yourself […]
Do You Need a Daily Vitamin? Eating a healthy, well-balanced diet can help you get the right amount of vitamins and nutrients, but sometimes that isn’t enough to keep your body packed with the tools it needs to stay healthy. Choosing a vitamin, like Centrum, supplements your diet. Here are just some of the problems […]
By NICHOLAS BAKALAR, NYT, JUNE 26, 2014 12:05 AM A new study adds to the evidence that low-dose aspirin, known to reduce the risk for heart disease, may also reduce the risk for pancreatic cancer. Pancreatic cancer has a 93 percent fatality rate, and the National Cancer Institute estimates there will be about 46,000 new […]
By LAURA LANDRO @ The Wall Street Journal Experts Are Looking Into Promising Treatments for Muscle Decline. But There Are Things You Can Do About It Now. Muscle strength is one of the keys to healthy aging, yet after we achieve peak mass in our early 40s, it’s pretty much downhill from there. Most people […]
ELIZABETH O’BRIEN’S RETIRE WELL at MarketWatch Some activities and exercises show promise in fighting dementia. We all know that exercise helps keep our hearts healthy, but what keeps our brains in top form? Researchers are working overtime to answer this question, as the boomers grow older and a cure for Alzheimer’s disease remains elusive. The good […]
When you walk through your house, do you feel healthy and fresh? Do you feel that the environment in your house is clean and eco-friendly? Do you use those products which are healthy for you? If the answer is yes, then you have a healthy home and a healthy lifestyle for sure. If you are […]
We are Animal Lovers!! Our passion to serve and care for our community pets is our ONLY mission! We are committed to quality pet care and remarkable patient-doctor relationships! Your pets are like our family! With that in mind here is information on how to make the daily walk more enjoyable for you and your […]
Science Recorder | James Fluere | Saturday, June 07, 2014 The researchers assessed whether fasting could have protective effects for immune cells such as white blood cells. Researchers reporting in Thursday’s issue of the Cell Press journal Cell Stem Cell have discovered that periodic fasting may fight both chemotherapy-caused and aging-related alterations in immune cell […]
MarketWatch By Russ Britt: File this under things you need to do before you get old. Britain’s Daily Telegraph reports a study from the University of Edinburgh’s Centre for Cognitive Aging and Cognitive Epidemiology that says if you learn a second language — even in adulthood — it can stave off dementia for at least […]
Geek News By Graham Templeton: Life extension is an area of technology that is going to sneak up on people. The sheer, seeming improbability of it is daunting; death seems like the single, immutable truth in life, the one dependable thing we can take for granted. While it may be depressing in many ways, death […]
The Big Fat Surprise: Why Butter, Meat and Cheese Belong in a Healthy Diet By Nina Teicholz. Simon & Schuster; 479 pages; $27.99. Why everything you heard about fat is wrong “EATING foods that contain saturated fats raises the level of cholesterol in your blood,” according to the American Heart Association (AHA). “High levels of blood […]
Doctors at UPMC Presbyterian Hospital in Pittsburgh are beginning the first-ever human trials of “suspended animation” among gunshot victims with potentially fatal injuries. In order to buy more time to fix their wounds, doctors will replace all of the patients’ blood with a saline solution, which will cool down the body and practically stop cellular activity. Read […]
Regular exercise, including walking, significantly reduces the chance that a frail older person will become physically disabled, according to one of the largest and longest-running studies of its kind to date. Read the whole thing. I have just started an article on this exact subject.
I hope not, I take a shot glass full each day. Think antioxidants will make you live longer? Think again: We spend millions on them but now researchers say supplements may make our bodies age FASTER. We all want to stay as healthy and young-looking as possible, which is why millions of us dutifully take […]
From Steven Kotler at Forbes: In The Princess Bride, the always sagacious Miracle Max—aka Billy Crystal—points out “there’s a big difference between mostly dead and all dead.” And he wasn’t wrong. Read the whole thing.
For most people, good health is at the top of their priority list. Unfortunately, in the United States, achieving that goal is much easier wished than accomplished. Here in America, the land of French fries and pizza, eating right and maintaining a healthy body weight is next to impossible. For those who were raised on […]
Read Derek Lowes blog, Young Blood. “You also have to wonder what something like this would do to the current model of blood donation and banking, if it turns out that plasma from an 18-year-old is worth a great deal more than plasma from a fifty-year-old. I hope that the folks at the Red Cross […]
With all the excitement encompassing garcinia cambogia and its purported fat loss results, remarkably little appears to have been said regarding how to utilize it to its full potential. As happens to be the case with many nutritional supplements, the way that you take this can strongly affect the kind of effects that you achieve, […]
Beans and Peas Lower Cholesterol by Nicholas Bakalar in the New York Times Eating modest amounts of legumes — peas, chickpeas, beans and lentils — appears to reduce levels of LDL, the so-called bad cholesterol. Read the whole article.
Saw this article, People exposed to earlier sunlight are leaner than those who get afternoon light, and it touched a button. I don’t think humans have completely adapted to living this far north, thus SAD and not being aware how important natural light is to our health and wellbeing. Fran & I do our three mile walk […]
Live Long and Prosper!
- Active Living
- Where women over 60 go to be inspired. Travel, grandchildren, retirement advice for women over 60
- Where to Retire is America's foremost authority on retirement relocation. Now celebrating our 21st year in publication, Where to Retire can help you find
- When it comes to retirement communities, Erickson Living is in a class by itself
- Welcome to Regenerative Medicine web site, News of regenerative medicine research and therapies as reviewed by the experts at the McGowan Institute for
- Travel news and information for Senior Citizens and Baby Boomers
- Trainer, teacher and passionate advocate for fitness in the second stage of life, Lori Michiel specializes in helping older adults fulfill their physical
- The Petteruti Center in Warwick, RI is designed to bring you the very best in anti-aging, weight loss management, family medicine, and aesthetic services.
- The National Association of Dynamic Senior Women is an online community of like-minded women over 50. Whether you’re retired or still working, you’ll enjoy
- The latest worldwide discount travel deals including cheap airfare, cheap hotels, car rental, cruise, family, student, senior, and vacation packages can be
- The Education Vacation!
- The Center for Stem Cell and Regenerative Medicine is a multi-institutional center composed of investigators from Case Western Reserve University,
- Take your skin to the next level with Doctor's Dermatological Formula. Buy personalized regimes for better skin than you ever thought possible. Acne
Sunbox Bright Light Box Therapy A natural, drug-free treatment for Seasonal Depression SAD, Winter Blues, Jet Lag, Insomnia, PMS and more.Sunbox Bright Light Box Therapy for SAD Seasonal Depression Winter Blues.
- Since 1896 Life Extension Alternative Medicine & Anti Aging Breakthroughs Provided Longer, Healthier, Younger Lives. Learn What We're Doing Now. Life
- Sharing Memories of the 1940s, 1950s, 1960s and More
Senior Personal Trainer from the American Senior Fitness Association. Earn a respected Certification, Certificate of Completion and/or continuing fitness education credit.SFA's Senior Personal Trainer educational program will give you the knowledge you need to work safely and effectively with older adult execise clients in
- Setting Priorities for Retirement Years
- Seniors Chat Rooms, Senior Singles, Senior Retirement, Seniors Health, Mature, Seniors, Health Care, Seniors Health, Senior Chat, Long Term Care, Extended
- Seniors Aging Well, Wisely and Successfully. Go60.Com is a website devoted to helping older people improve with age. Included are up to date news and
- Senior Travel Websites
- Senior Products | Assistive Devices | Home Care Equipment Senior care products, assistive devices, and home health care equipment to help you care for your
- Senior Living 100 is the annual destination for C-level leaders from the nation's largest, most progressive and most successful senior living facilities
- Senior Health Weekly is Seattle and the Puget Sound's central source for senior health related education and news. Expert writers and industry leaders,
- Senior Group Fitness Classes | Senior Citizens Exercise Classes & Senior Workout Programs. Keep active and stay young at heart with senior group fitness
- Senior dating with older women plus senior singles cruises for older men and women. Senior personals of senior women with senior activities for over 60
- Rebecca Kolls, host of the nationally syndicated television show Rebecca's Garden, and the Home Instead Senior Care® network have worked together to
- providing their services since 2005
- Personal trainers implement and promote the use of safe and effective exercise programs through appropriate client screening, consultation and evaluation.
- Our long-range goal is to extend the healthy human lifespan.
- news and information about politics, learning
- Love & Romance Advice - Tips On How To Be Romantic | The love affair began over a year ago on the Internet. It hit a new high with a wedding celebration
- Links to web pages of interest to Canadian seniors who are looking for travel information.
- Life Extension vitamins and supplements, plus many name-brand vitamins and supplements, including many physician's brands such as Xymogen and Metagenics.
- Life Extension is a global authority on nutrition, health and wellness. We supply only the highest quality nutritional supplements, including vitamins,
- Job listings and career information for seniors and boomers.
- ICAA provides world class information, education, resources and tools to help health and wellness professionals be more successful with their clients age 50 plus
- Home Fitness and Personal Training for Seniors | In Home Exercise for Older Adults, Senior Home Fitness Care, senior fitness, older adult fitness,
- Discussion forum for seniors
- Direct Supply is committed to the Senior Living profession, providing equipment and services to over 36,000 communities nationwide. Healthcare Equipment,
- Covenant Retirement Communities traces its roots to the Home of Mercy.
- Bringing you the issues since 1986
- Beauty Expert, Louisa Graves beauty secrets, red light therapy for anti-aging and pain, paraben-free products, peptides, antioxidants, epidermal growth
- Assisted Living Guides: Find Senior Housing | Seniors Guide Online, provides access to retirement communities and home care agencies. Find senior living
- Aging Accelerating Progress in Anti-Aging Medicine Research for Life Extension specializes in Accelerating Progress in Anti-Aging and Longevity Medicine
- Age & Opportunity is the national organisation that inspires everyone to reach their full potential as they age.
- Accessible Gardens is a RI-based company whose mission is the design, manufacture and sale of unique, modular, table-height garden beds for the elderly,
- About Life Extension: Anti-Aging, Health Supplements, Health and Longevity. The Life Extension Foundation is a 501 (c) (3) non profit organization, the
- Wide variety of nutritional supplements including blood sugar maintenance, thyroid support, weight control, sexual enhancement, gastrointestinal support,
- Vitamins, minerals, and supplements from Dr. Julian Whitaker. Also offers health information and newsletter archives.
- Vitamins, minerals, and special herbal formulas for specific ailments.
- Vitamins and minerals, antioxidants, and immune booster supplements. Also offers herbal formulas.
- Vitamins and minerals, amino acids, enzymes, and specialty blends.
- Vitamin, mineral, and nutritional supplements.
- The oldest Cryonics membership organization; founded in 1969 as the Bay Area Cryonics Society. In Mountain View CA. Offers background information, articles
- Synthetic free vitamins, minerals, and whole food supplements. Also offers green foods, essential fatty acids, weight loss products and natural skin care
- Supplier of Cernitin flower pollen.
- Supplements from antioxidants, nutraceutical formulas, and vitamins and minerals.
- Specialty formula supplements specializing in CoQ10 and liquid minerals. Also offers skin care products.
- Specializing in disease-specific natural blends of herbs and/or Chinese roots.
- Specializes in heart health, essential fatty acids, and vitamin E specialties.
- Site for major cryonics organization in Scottsdale AZ. Includes a lot of information, including an on-line photo-tour of the building and of the cryonics
- Site for information and discussion of cryonics in the United Kingdom. Provides standby assistance to its members who have signed up with a cryonics
- Site features Herbal Treasures, a multivitamin and herbal complex designed to boost health and vitality.
- Sells vitamins, minerals, immune system boosters, detox products, superfoods, and beauty products.
- Sells a proprietary line of nutrition, herbs, teas, and health concern specialties.
- Selecting alternatives for natural healing with whole food supplements, Herbs, Vitamins, minerals, natural progesterone and alternative medicine.
- Scientific and Educational Website on Human Longevity Studies
- Organic kava kava root products to aid in insomia, stress and anxiety, relaxing tired muscles.
- Oral HGH spray, with research reports, testimonials, and lab confirmations.
- Oral and nasal sprays, and supplements with stacked amino acids.
- Offers vitamins, minerals, herbs, antioxidants, digestive help, stress products, and physical support products.
- Offers vitamins, minerals, herbs, and a wide range of health concern specialties.
- Offers vitamins, minerals, and supplements for specific ailments.
- Offers vitamins, minerals, and many health concern formulations.
- Offers vitamins and herbal supplements
- Offers vitamins and health supplements, sports nutrition and weight loss products.
- Offers vitamin, minerals and herbals plus Move On joint support products.
- Offers shark products, superfoods, probiotics, colostrum, and various health concern specialties.
- Offers products derived from the Hawaiian Noni plant, plus multi-vitamins.
- Offers probiotic based vitamins, minerals, and other health specialties.
- Offers oral spray vitamins, minerals, herbals, and a list of specialties.
- Offers nootropyl drugs and herbals.
- Offers natural, herbal supplements and creams from Asia for a variety of ailments.
- Offers multi-vitamin and minerals, specialty products, and cosmeceuticals developed by Samuel Benjamin, M.D. and Andrew Weil, M.D.
- Offers multi-vitamin and mineral, cleansing, fiber, enzyme, superfoods, and EFA.
- Offers multi-vitamin and mineral formulations plus skin care products.
- Offers herbs, vitamins, bodybuilding, and weight loss products.
- Offers heart support, joint support, herbal, general health, and pet products.
- Offers daily hormonal and weight loss supplements for men and women.
- Offers beta glucan products, MSM, glucosamine, and vitamin C.
- Offers an oxygen mineral supplement, Cellfood, and Cellfood HGH.
- Offers a range of herbal nutritional supplements for men and women.
- Offering vitamins, minerals, herbs, superfoods, amino acids, EFA, antioxidants, digestive aids, and other specialties.
- Offering Tropical Oasis Liquid Joint Relief, to be used in place of anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Offer pharmaceutical grade vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and nutraceutical supplements.
- Nutritional information and shopping site for the health conscious and environmentally sensitive person.
- Nutritional assessment programs that have been designed to determine the nutritional needs of the individual.
- Nutritional and herbal supplements treating fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome, reduce stress, relieve bone and joint pain, and boost the immune system.
- Natural products for arthritis, skin problems, and other health concerns including shark cartilage, glucosamine, saw palmetto, and shark liver oil.
- Natural herbal treatments that help improve many of today's most personal ailments.
- Manufacture and sales of herbal remedies and supplements, with product details and information from clinical studies.
- Lively discussions of cryonics, cryogenics, cryobiology, life extension, transhumanism, death, and related issues.
- John DeRivaz's British site for cryonics, life extension, and the future.
- Hormone replacement therapy, including human growth hormone and testosterone. Online consultation.
- Herbal, vitamin and mineral supplement formulas for good health, weight loss and healthy libidos.
- Guaifensin capsules, nutritional supplements, and specialty formulas.
- Free form amino acids, vitamins and minerals, protein powders, and hormone replacements. Also offers herbal blends.
- Formulates and sells soy-based products, citrus pectin, minerals, herbals, and other products including integrative nutraceuticals intended to treat
- For education and to organize cryonics in Canada. Does not provide cryonics services.
- Featuring natural supplements including systemic enzymes, lipase, alfalfa, and green barley powder.